Wednesday 26 June 2019

Just popping in.....

This is just a short post this morning.  I thought I'd pop in and show you the completed embroidery which I teased you with a few snippets of earlier in the year.  This past weekend we were in the UK for a wedding and I had made a small embroidered gift for the bride and groom.  As they have now opened their gift and, I promised to show you the finished embroidery that I had made for them, here it is....



Most of the background is appliqué with machine finishing but some of the details (the leaves on the tree to the left, the grasses at the front and the bees) have been hand stitched. I framed it in a box frame and, I was really pleased with it and now I know they like it too!

8 comments:

  1. It's lovely Christine. Apart from all the excellent technical stuff you mentioned it's also a pleasing composition. Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance I thought it was a photo! Really nice work Christine, it's beautiful. I know the couple will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! I have absolutely no doubt your bride and groom were thrilled with it and it will enjoy a prominent display in their home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine wow what an amazing gift,it's so beautiful,you are very clever my friend,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That is amazing! Such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Christine. I love all the little details and the tree on the right, a gift to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo this is gorgeous, what a fabulous gift.

    ReplyDelete