Projects 2021

January

No projects completed in January.

February

In order to try and kick start my creativity after ill health last year, I have started the year with some simple sewn card projects.


These are fairly quick and easy to stitch and are a lot of fun to make.



I am hoping that I will feel inspired to return to my more detailed sewing projects shortly.



This week I finished a few more cards and a macramé kit key fob....






March

The first few finishes in March have been more cards. 






I also decided to make a card with no greeting which would be suitable to frame.  This is now hanging on the landing.




I have added to my March finishes with another greetings card, this time a bunch of flowers to say 'Thank You'.


I also made another framed card into a picture to hang as a compliment to the one made previously.



This one was of some flowers in a vase and I am pleased with how they both look on the landing.


Then I made some hanging tabs for a quilt that I actually made in 2019 but had not got round to hanging.  


I managed to find some fabric remnants which matched the binding which was the perfect size to make the tabs.



It is really nice to finally be able to hang this quilt as it is one I really enjoy looking at!!


Next I found a pattern I bought in 2017 and decided that it was time to make some of the adorable little bunnies it is a pattern for!  The pattern is designed by Jenny Paddon of The Makers Studio.



So far I have made two of the smaller size of bunny but I think a larger one may be next!!



A few more finished projects to add for March.  The first is an old embroidery that I decided to give a new lift by recovering the hoop that it is framed in.


I used a self-adhesive fabric tape to bind the wooden hoop.


Next I did indeed make some more bunnies.  Firstly I made two of the larger sized rabbits from the pattern by Jenny Paddon.



Then I adjusted the pattern and made a medium bunny.


Here they all are sitting together as a little family.



My penultimate March finish was a little embroidery project.  This was a pre-printed template designed and drawn by Anne Brooke of H-anne-Made which I stitched.



I then covered the wooden hoop with yarn as a finishing touch ready for it to be hung.




The very last March finish were some handmade Easter cards.




April
  

No comments:

Post a comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. It is lovely to hear from you and very exciting to read what you have to say!!