As always seems to be the case, it has been busy here but, in the quiet times between the busyness, I have been enjoying watching some of the events from the Tokyo Olympics as well as adding a few stitches to my latest embroidery project.
After finishing the embroidery kit designed by Anne Brooke of H-anne-Made which I showed you in my last post, I started another of her template designs called 'Trio of Alliums'.
As suggested by Anne, I started with some of the plant fronds in the background and stitched them using a fly stitch in a pale green cotton embroidery floss.
Then I stitched the flower stems using a darker green cotton embroidery floss and a stem stitch.
Now I have started work on the flower heads. I stitched the dark purple pistil stitch petals first and then added more pistil stitches in a variegated thread. Both of these threads were cotton perlé (8).
I added some french knots into the centre of the flower heads using the same threads and, I am looking forward to getting the flower heads finished and then adding a variety of stitches to the background over the coming week.
Hope you are all enjoying a lovely weekend..... until next time 😊