This past weekend I worked on another embroidery project that I drew myself. Actually, I drew it quite a while ago. It was intended to be the third small embroidery block I had planned to stitch for a small wall quilt project that I had in mind. I called it my 'Garden' quilt. However, in the end, I only used the first two embroideries....
and this is the wall quilt that I made them into.
The third drawing was set aside for a later date. This past weekend was that later date! Here it is all trimmed up and ready to be transformed into a mini wall quilt.
As it will be made into a quilt on its own, I added a few more details than I had originally drawn. I also used a combination of cotton embroidery floss and variegated silk embroidery thread to complete the stitching. I have quite a number of stitcheries ready to make into mini quilts now so, I'd better stop embroidering and start choosing fabrics to go with them all!!