Another time it was fabric trinket boxes and I drove everyone here nearly mad until I had tried at least four or five different construction techniques. Some where I had followed tutorials and others where I had muddled through on my own.
This time I wanted to make a pretty little cover for a handbag mirror. Don't ask me why I had to make one, I just did. I have made some before but they were square. This time the cover had to be circular to compliment the shape of the mirror. I wanted it to be slimmer and neater than the ones I had made previously but still personalised with some stitching or appliqué.
I tossed various ideas around in my head, I slept on them and I had more or less decided that I could crochet a very nice cover in pretty shades of wool. I was about to start down the crochet route when I realised that the inside of the cover would expose knots where I had changed wool colours and I decided that just wouldn't do. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I hate anything left untidy!! I did think that I could make a fabric lining for the crocheted cover but I wasn't sure how this would work and, by now, the crochet idea was no longer the answer. So I went back to the original fabric personalised with stitchery/appliqué plan and set to work. A couple of hours later and this was the result.
I am rather pleased with how it has turned out but I don't think it will be the last of the handbag mirror covers!! I am sure the crochet idea will have to be explored further but, at least the nagging has been assuaged for the moment!