After I used the base block to complete a couple of the tasks (the addition of an embroidered tree design and a wisteria vine) for the class (ICQC 103) it looked like this....
I have now completed the rest of the embellishment. I added a woven flower in one corner. I had seen some of these flowers on pinterest and had wanted to try them for myself. I was quite pleased with the results but, I think they will get better still with more practice.
In another of the corners I added a silk ribbon butterfly accompanied by three little simply stitched embroidered butterflies.
One of the seams was embellished with a stem stitch vine decorated with fly stitch leaves and silk ribbon colonial knot roses.
Once I had started adding some of the embellishments I decided that I wasn't sure about the colours that I had stitched the wisteria leaves in, so I took the original leaves out and added some new ones.
I also changed the look of the embroidered tree slightly by adding some simple detached chain leaves.
Finally, I added some buttonhole wheel flowers and some buttonhole filled circles (I love stitching these!)
Oh, I also added a little bullion stitch hedgehog to another of the corners.
The final blocks now looks like this.....
All that remains to complete the Challenge is to piece the 12 blocks together into a quilt or maybe two!
I am linking this post to the stitchery party link up at Super Mom - No Cape! Why not pop across and see who else has joined the party!