|Cacti appliques at one end before embroidery details were added|
|Cacti appliques at the other end before embroidery details were added|
The cacti needed a few extra details added to them to make them look more cacti-like and, that is what I was busy doing this weekend. I am very pleased with how they now look. Here are some close ups of the details....
The runner has now been layered together ready for quilting which I hope I will find time to do in the next couple of days. The next time I show it to you it should be finished!
Thank you to all of you for warning me about getting addicted to hexagons and EPP..... I am rather afraid it is too late!! I made some more cards at the weekend also and, as well as those in the photograph above, two of them looked like this....
Yesterday was the official start of The Splendid Sampler and the first block was released. I have finished my block but, it needs a little hand stitching to finish off the applique so, I will show it to you a little later in the week.
I am linking this post with the stitchery party over at Super Mom - No Cape! Why not pop across and see who else has linked up! Hope you all have a creative week!