It seems to have been another busy week. Don't they just fly by?!! I haven't done a huge amount of stitching but I have just managed one small finish. You may recall, that I have been participating in a sew-a-long hosted by Serena Boffa Soda of La Casetta Nel Bosco as part of a Facebook group. Well, the last stitch for the sampler was on Wednesday so, once I had completed the last stitch, I decided that I should frame the sampler.
To do this, I layered the sampler fabric with some batting and backing and added some quilting. I then trimmed it to 7 inches square and fused some heavyweight interfacing to the back. I finished the edges with a satin stitch in green thread to match the embroidery thread I had used. I then stuck this to the mount board (which I covered with a complimentary coloured paper) and put it inside the frame. It wasn't easy to photograph in the frame as there always seemed to be a shine from the glass!!
That must mean it's time to start another new project......!!