I found the tulip appliqué shapes in a Debbie Mumm book that I have had many years and I adapted them to fit the size of the border I wanted to added.
I used scraps of the fabrics that I had used in the pieced section of the quilt and I was pleased that I had just enough of the aqua/teal blue striped fabric to add a few dots so that it was represented elsewhere in the quilt and not just in the narrow border. The next stage was to layer, baste and then quilt it.
I am not used to quilting this size of quilt and, it has been a bit of a challenge here and there but, overall I am really pleased with the outcome.
Yesterday I started quilting the outer border and, I wasn't sure whether I should quilt the appliqué shapes or not. In the end I decided I would and I am glad that I did as I am really pleased with how they look (apologies for the loose threads everywhere in these photographs).
Now, I am looking forward to finding time this week to finish quilting the remaining borders and then to get the binding added.
Tidying up all the loose threads and finishing the binding is my favourite part of making a quilt as the whole quilt suddenly seems to come together!
Thank you for visiting and wishing you all a lovely week!