Monday 23 October 2023

Catching up since my last post....

It has been a while!  Time has run away from me as there seems to have been a lot going on, so I thought I should catch up a bit!  As a result, this is going to be another long post!  What have I been doing?  Well, I had a long weekend trip to Thessaloniki in Greece to attend a friend's wedding.  The weather was hot and the wedding was beautiful.


We had a lovely day visit to a beautiful National Trust property called Stourhead (which is where they filmed some of the 2005 version of the film Pride and Prejudice).  Such a beautiful house and gardens.



Then we had two and a half weeks away in our camper van travelling through France down to the border with Spain and back.


We travelled back via Switzerland.  The first time I have been back since we moved back to the UK in 2021.  It was lovely to see it again.


I have also had a couple of trips up to Norwich to visit family including a quick visit to help my daughter move house.  Needless to say with all the travelling from place to place I haven't had a lot of time to stitch but, I did take my watercolour paints to France and you can see some of my finished sketches here on my 2023 projects page.

I am hoping that things will settle down a little now and I will be able to get back to my needlework projects.  I did attend a Regional Day held by my Quilt Guild on Saturday just gone and followed that with a workshop on Sunday with guest artist Kate Findlay.  I loved the workshop and was delighted with the piece I made.

I just need to get it framed!

Well, that's all for the moment.  Hopefully I will have more needlework projects to show you next time!  Until then.... 😊 xx




9 comments:

  1. You are so talented, I just love seeing all that you do, thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shelly, that's very kind of you! Christine xx

      Delete
  2. Well you have been busy. That wren is adorable. I love those tiny birds. Mum had one nesting in her clematis, loved seeing her hop about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a lovely summer. So nice that you got to do a bit of traveling. You can catch up with your stitching over the winter. I love the wee wren nestled among the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely time away.
    Your little bird is lovely.
    Maria lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Maria. We had a lovely trip away but it's nice to be home again. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little bird! You are a very clever gal! Wow, such a great trip. Looks like an awesome time was had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear...I am anonymous again.....Ondrea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ondrea. I was really pleased with the finished wren. Hope you have a good week! Christine xx

      Delete