Hello! I am sorry I have been a little neglectful of my blog this week but, as I have had several disturbed nights looking after little Poppy, I have been too tired to do much in the way of sewing, so I haven't had a lot to share with you!
However, I did manage to get the next task for the ICQC 103 online class that I am taking with Kathy Shaw finished. This task was to create a wisteria vine on one of my blocks. I decided to use the same block that I had previously stitched one of my trees on.
You may recall that I have already stitched a wisteria vine for the other class that I am taking with Kathy so, it was nice to have the chance to practice the technique again. This time I used a raffia rather than string for the trunk. I also added extra leaves from the start and I was pleased with the finished vine.
I also finished the next task for my ICQC 107 class, which was stitching a small cluster of daffodils along the trellis in the background. These were really fun to stitch but, I wish I had practiced them on a scrap cloth first as, I wasn't completely happy with the leaf placement. Never mind, from a distance the overall effect is quite pleasing.
I am a long way behind on my Farm Girl Vintage blocks but, as I had a much better night's sleep last night (honestly, it has been like having a new born baby in the house and, I am much too old for that!!!) I am hoping to get caught up on some of them this afternoon and tomorrow.
Enjoy your weekend!