I know I said that I would be working on block two of my version of 'Mrs Beasley's sampler quilt' (designed by Leanne Beasley) this weekend but, I am afraid that I got side-tracked again.
I just couldn't resist the temptation to start another little embroidered block for framing. The photographs of these two little patterns by Mountain Patchwork in the latest edition of Simply Vintage magazine were just too appealing!!
I sorted out some more scraps from my box of Tilda fabrics and cut out the strips for the Log Cabin block.
The strips and squares of fabric are really quite small, so I had to pay a lot of attention to get the seam allowances correct when I was sewing them together.
I just took it slowly and carefully and I was happy with how it all came together.
The block is now all pieced together and I have transferred across the embroidery details.
I followed the pattern as shown in the magazine except, I added one extra border to make the block to be framed slightly larger. It will also give me a little more fabric to hoop when I work on the embroidery.
I just have to complete the stitching. It shouldn't take too long, so I should be able to show you the finished project later in the week. Until then, I hope you have time to enjoy some stitching too!!