This week I have had a little time to add a few more stitches to block two of my 'Mrs Beasley's Sampler Quilt' project. Mrs Beasley's Sampler Quilt is a pretty four-block quilt designed by Leanne Beasley and, is being published in Vignette magazine over four issues. I am keen to get the stitching on this block finished now as I have a feeling that Vignette Issue 12 which, will have the instructions for the next block, is going to be out soon and on its way here!!
I have managed to stitch the little bunch of berries and I started work on the letters of the alphabet only to realise that I am not going to have enough of the thread that I am using. Unfortunately, as this is just some thread that I happened to have in my thread box and, it was wound onto a plastic bobbin for storage, I'm not sure of the number or even which make of thread it is.
I popped to a local shop which stocks DMC threads and found something as close as possible to the colour I have been using.
It is not an exact match although in some lights it looks closer than at other times. I am hoping that it will be close enough. Fingers crossed or I will be unpicking the letters I have done so far!!
While I was at the thread shop, I did find some crochet yarn which I have an idea for but, that is for another day.....