|The desk I use for cutting and sewing|
|My reorganised sewing room|
Then I crocheted a new cover for my sewing room stool and things were looking quite good (even if I do say so myself!)
|My new crocheted stool cover|
There was, however, one item which I have been quite unhappy with since we first moved in here and I thought it was about time I addressed the situation.
|The 'faux' curtains in my old sewing room (right)|
I have my fabrics stored on shelves and, as the room I use for sewing is a conservatory, it gets a lot of sunlight. I was anxious that my treasured fabrics didn't suffer from being bleached by the sun and I have them covered with a sort of curtain. Actually, they are two panels of fabric that I made as 'faux' curtains in my previous sewing room in Switzerland. They did the job to a degree but they weren't really the right width (a little too narrow) or the right length (a little too long).
|The 'faux' curtains in my old sewing room (left)|
I decided that it was time to make something better. So, I used the larger blind that you can see in the photos above. I unpicked all the ribbon and shortened the length. It has made a nice cover for my shelves and is just the right width to hide my stash of fabrics from the sun and out of sight!!
|My 'new look' fabric panel|
|A peek at the fabric stash it hides!!|