As you may be aware August was a very busy month here, so I didn't really have time to piece together a new base block for my August CQJP Challenge block. Instead I decided to enter one of the blocks I had stitched for the ICQC 103 Class with Kathy Shaw. So at the end of August I submitted this block as my CQJP Challenge block for the month.
I really liked how this block turned out and I think the colours will go together very well with my other CQJP Challenge blocks when I make a quilt with them all at the end of the year.
As September is also proving to be a busy month I have decided to use another of the ICQC 103 Class blocks that I created as the base block for my September CQJP Challenge block. This is the block that I have chosen to finish and submit for my September block.
I loved creating this tree and I can't wait to finish up the embellishments on the rest of the seams. I think the colours from this block will also combine well with the previous CQJP blocks that I have made.
The blocks in the photographs above are shown in the order that I have made them but, they won't necessarily stay in this order when I put them together in the finished quilt. I find it interesting to see how much more complex the more recently finished blocks appear as I have become more confident in my decisions for the seam treatments and block embellishments. I have learned a lot since the beginning of the year!