After I used the base block to complete a couple of the tasks (the addition of an extended surface embroidery design, a mixed techniques motif and a beaded monogram) for the class (ICQC 103) it looked like this....
The little watering can stitchery and the silk ribbon butterfly formed the extended surface embroidery task for the ICQC 103 Class.
I drew the watering can myself and then embroidered over it.
The 'C' was my beaded monogram and the rose was my mixed techniques motif and is completed using an applique technique called 'broderie perse'.
I have now completed the embellishment of the rest of the seams and here is the finished block.
And a few close ups of the latest embellishments....
|A flower vine: Stem stitch stems, bullion knot flowers|
and fly stitch leaves
(I got the idea for this from a tutorial on Kathy Shaw's blog)
|A silk ribbon bow couched with colonial knots|
|Buttonhole wheel flowers|
|Lace trim stitched with running stitch|
|Colonial knot silk ribbon roses with detached chain leaves|
|Flowers with detached chain petals mixed with straight|
stitch and colonial knot stamens and,
a sequin held with a pearl seed bead centre
|Combination seam treatment: Chevron stitch, cretan stitch,|
detached chain leaves, straight stitch and colonial knots
There is just the December block to go now and then I can put the blocks together into a quilt. For December I am using the final block that I pieced and used for a couple of the tasks from the ICQC 103 Class which currently looks like this....
Looking forward to getting this last block finished and piecing the finished blocks together into a quilt!
I am linking this post to the Stitchery Link up Party at Super Mom - No Cape! and Design Board Monday at Bits 'n Bobs. Why not pop across and see who else has something to share!