The light purple stitches on the far outside edge are 'Pekinese stitch' and I used a 'coton a broder' thread to work the stitches. Moving in, the individual light pink stitches are a fly stitch variation called 'Tete de Boeuf' and again I used a 'coton a broder' thread to work these stitches.
Next, I couched a piece of green chenille thread around the outside edge of the green circle using 'bullion knots' to hold the chenille in place. The bullion knots were worked using two-stranded purple wool thread. I also added some 'colonial knots' in blue 'coton a broder' on the green wool circle.
Finally, I outlined the middle circle (which is cotton fabric) with another fly stitch variation called 'Italian knotted border stitch' again these stitches were worked in 'coton a broder' thread, this time in green. The centre will probably be further embellished but, I have not decided how yet, so for the moment that set of circles is complete and, I am looking forward now to starting the next circle set.